NewBridge Bank Park is the home of the Class A Greensboro Grasshoppers, affiliate of the Florida Marlins. The Hopper’s stadium is constructed to meet Class AA standard with expansion beyond. It was named the project Most Beneficial to the Community by AIA Piedmont.
– New three-story building of approximately 71,454 square feet
– One-story “Grandstand” building approximately 1240 square feet
– One-story Maintenance Building approximately 2000 square feet
– A new professional baseball playing field and spectator seating for approximately 6,590 people
– Ancillary facilities to support the operation & management of a professional ballpark
Design services provided included architectural, fire protection, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and technology. NewBridge Bank Park was completed on time and on budget. The resulting ballpark has become a centerpiece for downtown Greensboro and has allowed the single A Grasshoppers to become one of the attendance leaders in minor league baseball. Revenues generated because of the Park’s popularity have allowed the Grasshoppers to complete two off-season expansions in 2006 and 2007.